Georgetown Village Inc. was incorporated in 2010. We officially opened our doors to provide services for members on December 6, 2011 with a lovely Launch Party at Blake Hall in St. John's Episcopal Church.
Since that time we have:
• Grown to about 200 members
• Performed over 1000 volunteer services for members
• Received 2 $10,000 donations from Wells Fargo, our first corporate sponsor
• Started a regular Thursday Speakers Bureau featuring evening lectures by experts in fields of interest to Georgetown Village residents
• Conducted multiple volunteer training sessions and trained and vetted over 50 volunteers
• Formed cooperative relationships with Georgetown University Hospital and Medical School
• Organized monthly docent-led museum trips and outdoor activities
• Formed an on-going book discussion group covering contemporary fiction and non-fiction based on the interests of the participants
• Participated in the Village to Village National Organization Conferences and Webinars
• Actively participate in local cooperative Village Activities and WAVE (Washington Area Village Exchange)
• Received national and local news coverage in multiple Georgetown newspapers and blogs. To see the 2014 CBS Story, click here.